Inhalt des Dokuments
Who can apply?
Students and staff members from all universities in the Avempace partnership from the EU, Jordan and Syria can apply for scholarships. The Avempace Scholarships are designed for:
- Students and staff members and graduates from Jordan and Syria wanting to study at an EU university.
- Students and staff members from EU partner universities wanting to study at a Jordanian or Syrian partner university.
Please note that exchange between two EU countries or between two universities in Jordan and Syria is not possible.
Neither European, Jordanian nor Syrian candidates can benefit from a second scholarship for the same type of mobility under another project under the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 - Strand 1. Furthermore, candidates cannot benefit from more than one mobility activity with the same project.
Please see below the rules on individual mobility flows.
Mobility of Jordanian and Syrian nationals to European universities
In order to be eligible, applicants:
1. Must have Jordanian or Syrian nationality;
2. Must not have resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries;
3. Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses;
4. Must belong to one of the following target groups:
Target Group 1
Applicants who are registered at one of the Partner Higher Education Institutions when applying to the programme.
Target Group 2
Applicants who are registered at a Jordanian or Syrian Higher Education Institution that is not a partner in the Avempace Project;
Applicants who have obtained a university degree or equivalent from an Jordanian or Syrian Higher Education Institution.
Target Group 3
Applicants who are in particularly vulnerable situations, for example:
1) having a refugee status or asylum beneficiaries;
2) it can be proved that they have been the object of unjustified expulsion from university on racial, ethnic. religious, political, gender or sexual inclination;
3) they belong to an indigenous population targeted by a specific national policy or IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons)
Mobility of EU nationals to Jordanian/Syrian universities
In order to be eligible, applicants:
1. Must be a national of one of the eligible European countries;
2. Must be registered/employed at one of the partner European institutions (Target Group 1);
3. Students fulfilling the following conditions are also eligible to apply:
a. Students applying for a masters mobility who have obtained a first higher education degree or a recognised equivalent level of learning from a European Higher Education Institution within the partnership during the same academic year coinciding with the start of the project eligibility period;
b. Students applying for doctorate mobility who have obtained a second higher education degree or a recognised equivalent level of learning from a European Higher Education Institution within the partnership during the same academic year coinciding with the start of the project eligibility period;
c. Students applying for a post-doctorate mobility who have obtained their doctorate in the last two years and must have the support of a European Higher Education Institution within the partnership to carry out a post-doctorate mobility. This can be for research, training and attending highly specialised courses.
4. Undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies at first higher education level;
5. Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries.